A history of excellence…
Skill, experience and understanding… three qualities that have made Roberts the award-winning metal packaging provider we are today.
Roberts was originally known as The Roberts Capsule Stopper Company Limited, and was founded in 1887. After gaining a strong reputation as cork traders, Roberts then expanded into the manufacture of cork stoppers before adding pressed metal decorative tops to their service offering. As the popularity of cork waned and gave way to pre-threaded metal caps in aluminium and tinplate, Roberts was ideally positioned to become market leaders, and swiftly became the first choice for manufacturers throughout the UK.
To this day, Roberts remains Europe’s premier manufacturer of pre-threaded metal caps and aluminium and tinplate jars and containers. Our clients range from global cosmetics, healthcare and food companies through to independent manufacturers of home and leisure products. Every one of our clients benefits from the outstanding service and capability:
- A bespoke design service, ensuring we provide the best solution every time
- A helpful and friendly team to provide technical and commercial support
- A 30,000 square foot manufacturing facility in South-East London, utilizing some of the very latest automated machinery and control systems
- The ability to process and supply both large or small orders
- A network of sales partners across Europe and the U.S.
Roberts is also certified to the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials – Grade A and as such, is committed to the highest levels of hygiene management.